In the papermaking field, it is widely used as retention aids, filter aids, leveling agents and other agents in the same city as Papermaking auxiliary polyacrylamide. The role of polyacrylamide for papermaking is to improve the quality of paper, improve the dewatering performance of pulp, improve the retention rate of fine fibers and fillers, reduce the consumption of raw materials and environmental pollution. The effect used in papermaking depends on its average molecular weight, ionic properties, ionic strength and the activity of other copolymers. The non-ionic polyacrylamide for papermaking is mainly used to improve the filterability of pulp, increase the strength of dry paper, and improve the retention rate of fibers and fillers; the polyacrylamide copolymer for anionic papermaking is mainly used as a dry and wet strength agent for paper and Resident agent; cationic polyacrylamide copolymer for papermaking is mainly used for papermaking wastewater treatment and filtering aid, in addition, it has a good effect on improving the retention rate of filler. In addition, polyacrylamide for papermaking is also used in papermaking wastewater treatment and fiber recovery.
In the paper industry, Ciba refinery is mainly used as a papermaking aid. Polyacrylamide for papermaking as a cationic retention aid C8560 is widely used in the production of cultural paper, newsprint, cardboard and special molded products. It is recommended to add it in the thin slurry. The addition point should be the last shear point before the sheet is formed. The dosage is between 0.01-0.1% (relative to the absolute dry pulp). It can be used in unit, binary and particle retention systems. It can also be used as a polymer flocculant to improve the efficiency of the paper machine recovery system.
Advantages of using polyacrylamide for papermaking:
1. Improve the retention of fine fibers, CaCO3, TiO2 and kaolin at the wet end
2. Provide a stable wet end environment, improve paper forming and paper performance
3. Improve the water filtration in the process of sheet forming and pressing, so as to save energy consumption in the drying process
4. Can reduce the solid content of white water, improve the yield of raw materials and the efficiency of the recovery system
5. Wide adaptability of pH value, does not depend on the use of aluminum sulfate
6. Approved by FDA and BGVV, it can be used to produce paper and paperboard in contact with food
7. Can provide stable positive congratulations, whether it is in acidic system, medium or alkaline system
8. Improve the retention of colloidal substance at the wet end, thereby improving the efficiency of sizing agent and dye
9. Improve paper machine output and improve paper machine operation performance
10. No surface active ingredients, harmless to the environment
11. A variety of packaging specifications are available
Note: The use of Papermaking auxiliary polyacrylamide in the papermaking process should be noted: to prevent the papermaking aids from completely dissolving and clogging the filter. In the water produced by papermaking, there are some substances that are insoluble in water, such as plant fibers, some additives and so on. These impurities will accumulate in the water, which will clog the filter equipment during the production process and reduce the production efficiency. During production, the additives used should pay attention to the solubility, viscosity, time, etc. of polyacrylamide.